Sick Pay Processing
Softworks Simplifies Sick Pay Processing
On average, absenteeism is estimated to cost Irish businesses about 14 million workdays annually or 7.8 days per person employed. Whilst not all absences can be eliminated, I’m sure you’ll agree, there is significant room for improvement and a proactive absence management system can quite often be the only solution.
While there is no entitlement in Irish law for an employee to be paid when off sick, your organisation most likely has a sick scheme policy in place. In Ireland, support from the Department of Social, Community and Family Affairs, presents employees with an opportunity to claim back a certain amount of pay, however, many organisations are out of pocket because they have failed to reclaim social welfare cheques from employees.
Absence Management benefits your organisation by:
- Complies with Legislation
- Producing Carer's Reports
- Reduces processing Complications
- Simplifies the Management of Sick Leave
- Tracking Social Welfare Cheques and Payments
- Giving you greater control over your profit margins